Noordwijk, the Netherlands, 11th - 12th May 2010
The workshop on New Capabilities for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), co-organised by ESA and EDA, took place on May 11th - May 12th nearby ESA's ESTEC facility in the Netherlands.
The workshop gathered 83 participants from 18 countries. Over a series of presentations and multiple discussions, both end users and enablers of the UAS civil market shared their needs and ideas regarding use of UAS. The workshop provided additional input to the ongoing feasibility studies on satellites for UAS. The rich discussions also lead to the selection of an UAS mission scenario for a demonstration project, intended to be co-funded by ESA and EDA.
The agenda and summary of the workshop, as well as a selection of the delivered presentations, are available for download from the links below.
- Summary and outcome of the workshop
- Selected presentations
- Welcome address by Magali Vaissiere
- Introduction to morning session May 11th by ESA-ESA
- The potential for UAS in Agricultural, Environmental and Forestry Monitoring by Alan Gay
- UAV Road Surface Monitoring and Traffic Information by Richard Sysala
- UAS for pipeline inspection and exploration by Josephy Barnard
- The Potential of Light UAS for Police Applications by Enno Dittmar
- Integrated Deployment of UAS in the European Airspace using Satellites -by IDEAS consortium
- Introduction to afternoon session May 11th by ESA-ESA
- Introduction to morning session May 12th by ESA-ESA