On 7 October 2021 (15:00 - 16:30 CEST), during a webinar by Eureka and ESA, you will have the chance to learn about ESA's opportunities for start-ups and SMEs, supporting them scaling-up and commercialising.
The purpose of this first online session on 7 October will be presenting some of ESA's programmes and opportunities relevant to start-ups and SMEs, that aim at removing entry barriers to the marketplace, supporting companies towards scaling-up and commercialisation. Companies will also hear about current market trends in some domain areas such as 5G connectivity as well as Earth Observation integrated with Artificial Intelligence. You can sign up until 2 days before the webinar takes place.
Some of the activities and initiatives that will be presented during this session are as follows:
- The ESA Business Incubation Centres, offering funding, business and technical support to help start-ups and SMEs to develop businesses using space technology and data.
- ESA Business Applications, that supports the development of sustainable services utilising space assets by providing zero-equity funding, access to technical and commercial guidance, as well as access to our network of partners.
- InCubed, a Public Private Partnership co-funding programme run by ESA, phi-labs that focuses on developing innovative and commercially viable products and services that exploit the value of Earth observation imagery and datasets.
- The 5G/6G Hub – based at ESA’s European Centre for Space Applications and Telecommunications (ECSAT) at Harwell in the UK – is a place for collaboration, where start-ups, SMEs and Industry can develop products and services using state-of-the-art 5G integrated terrestrial-satellite equipment.
Please see here for more information and registration.
15:00 Introduction, Davide Delaiti, Eureka Association
15:05 Welcome Speech, Portuguese Presidency of Eureka
15:10 How to build Successful Partnerships with ESA
Frank M. Salzgeber, Head of Innovation and Ventures Office
- The role of Space in Innovation. Entry point at ESA
Niels Eldering, Head of the ESA Space Solutions Section
- ESA Business Incubation Centers, Technology Brokers and Business Applications Ambassadors
Jens Kauffmann/Sandra Vogt, SME Office
- How to do business with ESA
Michele Castorina, Phi-Lab Invest Office
- EO and AI Market trends. In-cubed Programme
Antonio Franchi/Maria Guta, Space for 5G/6G Strategic Programme
- Space for 5G and 6G
16:00 Aymeric Jouon – CEO and Founder at I Clean My Sea
- Company journey at ESA BIC Sud France
16:05 Next Steps, Emma Fau, External advisor at Eureka
16:10 Q/A session
16:25 End of session
Eureka is an international network established in 1985 as an agreement between 18 countries to foster European competitiveness and integration and to encourage R&D cooperation. Since then, we have expanded to include over 45 countries in Europe and beyond who share the same goals and have national funding available to organisations who apply through our programmes.
About ESA Space Solutions
ESA Space Solutions is the go to place for great business ideas involving space in all areas of society and economy. Our mission is to support entrepreneurs in Europe in the development of business using satellite applications and space technology to improve everyday life. ESA Space Solutions is designed to provide multiple entry points such as ESA Business Incubation Centres (ESA BICs), ESA Technology Broker Network, ESA Business Applications Ambassadors and ESA Business Applications programme. Funding typically ranges from €50k to €2M and supports everything from technology transfer, business incubation, Feasibility Studies to large-scale Demonstration Projects.