The objective of this project is to develop a Satellite modem for Internet access in rural areas with the DVB-S2 technology. The product will compliment all existing ADSL solutions. Where it is too expensive and /or infrastructure for broadband will never be built, the Forsway modem offers a cost effective, easy to use solution.
The overall duration of the project is 6 months and all of the work will be carried out directly by Forsway and 27M technologies staff.
The Forsway S2 will be developed using the latest technology including:
- DVB-S2 technology (8PSK, CCM),
- Return path via GPRS/EDGE mobile technology,
- In-built graphical user interface,
- USB 2.0 for external storage of pushed data content,
- Possibility to use WLAN connectivity.
Some the main benefits of this new Forsway S2 product will be the following:
- The product will be easy to install use and support,
- It will be possible to replace the EDGE return channel with other technologies (PSTN/ISDN/RS232 e.g.),
- Software updates can be performed via Satellite,
- Several clients can share the connections via WLAN or external Switch,
- The product is targeting the rural areas and the developing countries where this will be a cheap solution for limited triple play (Internet access, Ip telephony and streaming TV content).
The project is successfully completed.