Objectives of the service
HERMES aims at providing innovative solutions to support the Healthcare emergencies for an optimized response and monitoring of the epidemics in the society. This is achieved through the integration of advanced technologies of telemedicine and digital healthcare including new IoT digital sensor as well as X-ray, CT scan and new screening tools (voice analysis). Powerful AI tools elaborate this data in order to help health operators to identify and monitor even the spread of SARS-CoV-2. The system is also conceived to provide logistic support to Local Healthcare Authorities by using GNSS technologies.
Users and their needs
The HERMES services are designed to support Healthcare organizations such as Red Cross, Local Medical Units (ASL), Hospitals, Medical Test Canters, which need are:
- Possibility of carrying out remote screening for the citizens in areas where there are particular needs related to health emergencies.
- A “teleconsultation and tele-diagnostics services” capable of managing the multimedia exchange of interest among patients, specialists and healthcare facilities.
- A synergic and emergency monitoring system distributed on the national territory.
- A platform capable to provide support for logistical coordination for the optimal deployment of resources as well as information about the number, localization and priority of the samples to be analysed
- Real-time storage of all the screening data of Infected patients in order to be informed in real time of the data of the infected cases
Service/ system concept
The system relies on a hybrid solution based on multiplicity connections (satellite, mobile networks, etc.) that operate simultaneously, which is made up of the following Building Blocks, depicted into the scheme hereafter:
- Remote IoT Booths for controlling access of people to public areas
- IoT Healthcare sensor Network for collection health patient data and measurements.
- IoT Tracking sensor Network for traceability of medical swabs during transport by mobile vehicles
- HealthCare VAN retrofit for providing service over the areas not covered by the mobile network or area where the mobile network is not present
- Next generation field Hospital/Army barrack with IoT screening booths army field hospital including screening booths
- Radiological/CT screening solution for assisting remote hospitals in analysing images for diagnosis purpose
- Voice Screening solution able to analyse of patient’s voice spectrum to detect COVID-19
- Teleconsultation system able to help remote hospitals exchanging data to support diagnosis
- Cloud Data Centre able to correlate data from different screening sources
Space Added Value
1. Broadband TLC Satellite (e.g. Athena-Fidus in Ka band national coverage), KASAT, Eutelsat Two-way in K-band HTS European spot coverage):
- Broadband satellite connectivity for fixed Field Hospital traffic terminals and mobile VAN traffic terminals to support high quality healthcare teleconsultations and logistics videoconferencing services.
- Bundle of NarrowBand IoT datalinks for IoT sensor networks, Remote Healthcare Kiosks and mobile VANs.
- TLC Satellite integrated in a Hybrid Network infrastructure included 4G Network to ensure robust, reconfigurable and reliable communication between system architecture components.
2. GNSS Satellites/technologies (e.g. GPS and RTK or Galileo, EGNOS):
- Satellite PNT services for the Remote IoT sensors and for the Remote Healthcare Kiosks geo-localization information to be fed within the emergency screening network.
The project activies started on 1st September 2020. During the first phase of the project, the user needs have been consolidated though continunons interactions with the involved End Users as well as the partecipation to “on field trials” such as VARDIREX 2020, which is a joint initiative organised by the italian military forces held on 23rd, 24th and 25th September.