Space based services / applications addressing COVID-19 outbreak
Portal for information about the Open Call for Proposals AO10377 "Space based services / applications addressing COVID-19 outbreak"
This Open Call for Proposals calls for activities to facilitate the quick integration and deployment of concrete and sustainable solutions to contribute to help alleviate the stress provoked by the COVID-19 outbreak, making use of the different advantages provided by space-based products and services relevant to the field of Healthcare and Education in the context of the COVID-19 emergency.
To access the latest information, click HERE
Please note the following important points before you decide to prepare your submission:
- This initiative is proposed by the European Space Agency, and as such the proposed activity shall involve the utilisation of some space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, satellite navigation, images from Earth Observation satellites, technologies coming for the human space flight).
- The proposed activity shall include a deployment of the solution and a pilot utilisation of the solution, to be performed within the actual context of the COVID-19 emergency, in collaboration with potential users / customers, in a realistic operational environment.
- Only ONE submission per Tenderer is allowed, independently from the outcome. In case of multiple submissions, only the first one will be evaluated.
- The selection of the project is based on a 2 steps approach, as indicated below: Outline Proposal (First Step) and Full Proposal (Second Step).
- An answer will be obtained from ESA only if the Outline Proposal is pre-selected for the next stage, i.e. the submission of the Full Proposal. In such a case, the feedback will be provided not later than 15 days from submission of Outline Proposal to ESA.
- The evaluation of the Full Proposal will be executed following the submission in the esa-star system. The Full Proposal will require a “Letter(s) of Authorisation of Funding” (AOF) from the relevant National Delegation(s) of the entities involved in the proposed activity.
- Selected activities can be funded up to 80% for SMEs, Universities and Research Institutes, and up to 50% for non SMEs.
Potential Tenderers are invited to download the full information package including eligibility requirements about this call, which is available on ESA-STAR:
Please note that you need to register your entity (for free) in our system to be able to retrieve the information. This can be done here:
NOTE FOR UK COMPANIES INTERESTED IN BIDDING FOR HEALTHCARE
Please note that a specific Open Call for Proposal AO10336 "Space helping UK on COVID-19 and other pandemics" has been issued to address the Healthcare sector in UK. UK entities intending to apply for the Healthcare sector are therefore invited to apply to the UK call AO10336. More information can be found in this web page.
NOTE FOR IT COMPANIES
The National Delegation of the following Country has issued a pre-authorised budget for this Open Call for Proposals:
Outline Proposals which involve prime-contractors or sub-contractors belonging to the above Country shall be submitted by 15 July 2020 at the latest. The Outline Proposals will be evaluated in a single evaluation session according to the Evaluation Criteria (Annex 1 of the Special Conditions of Tender).
The Outline Proposals will be ranked accordingly and only the ones selected, considering ESA evaluation and ranking and funding availability, will be retained by ESA and will be invited to submit their Full Proposal.
Please note that proposals involving Italian entities can be supported only if applying to the Healthcare field
After having accessed the full information package in EMITS, the First Step is the preparation and submission of an Outline Proposal following THIS TEMPLATE.
When compiled in all this parts, the Word file has to be saved with name: "CV19-INT [Your Project Name].docx" and submitted in Word document format (not as PDF) via the web form submitter accessed through the following address:
or can be sent as attachment to the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org indicating "CV19-INT [Your Project Name]" as subject.
In case of positive evaluation, the submitter of the Outline Proposal will be informed by ESA within 15 days from the submission. Considering that only one submission is allowed per company, in case of rejection the same Tenderer is not allowed to submit a second Outline Proposal under this Call for Proposals.
The second step can be undertaken for Outline Proposals that have been successfully evaluated by ESA. The bidder may request the help of ESA to support a fast completion and submission of the Full Proposal. Please note that the submission of the Full Proposal needs to be done via the esa-star system, as indicated in the information package.
The following documentation applies for the second step:
- Full Proposal:
- Cover Letter
- FP Tool CV19-INT and (in alternative) Word Template
- Smart Contract Tool and related Tutorial
- Management Requirements
|14 May 2020||The Open Call for Proposals has been published today.|
|24 May 2020||The 'Excel FP Tool CV19-INT' has been updated to reflect the exchange rate to be used for the GBP. Please make sure you use the latest version to build your Full Proposal.|
|27 May 2020||The Italian Space Agency has released a pre-authorised budget to support this Open Call for Proposals. Please see the updated part on the initial part of this page.|
|22 June 2020||The deadline for submission of Outline Proposals for Italian companies has been extended from 30 June to 15 July 2020.|
|29 October 2020||The closing date of the call has been extended to 15 January 2021.|
|18 December2020||The closing date of the call has been extended to 15 March 2021.|
|4 March2021||The closing date of the call has been extended to 15 July 2021.|
|5 July 2021||The closing date of the call has been extended to 30 September 2021.|