ESA SPACE SOLUTIONS
ESA Space Solutions is the go-to place for great business ideas involving space in all areas of society and economy. Our mission is to support entrepreneurs in Europe in the development of business using satellite applications and space technology. Our network includes the ESA Business Applications Ambassadors and the recurring ESA Investor Forum.
ESA Space Solutions and Business Applications are part of ESA’s ARTES (Advanced Research in Telecommunications Systems) 4.0 Programme. We provide different types of funding opportunities such as Kick-Starts, Feasibility Studies and Demonstration Projects and support the development of sustainable services utilising space assets.
Space assets like satellite data or spaceflight technologies offer many opportunities and solutions to businesses. Are you an entrepreneur, or are you running a start-up or an established business? Then you might be interested to apply for our different funding opportunities.
About ESA Business Applications
In ESA Business Applications our aim is to show that space is open for business and has the power to improve our everyday lives on Earth. We do this by helping companies to integrate space data and technology into commercial services. Successful applicants receive:
- Zero-equity funding (from €60k to €2M+ per activity)
- Personalised support from a member of the ESA team
- Technical & commercial guidance
- Access to our network of partners
- Credibility of the ESA brand
We are particularly interested in applications of space technology to previously untapped consumer markets. These services should use one (or more) of the following space assets:
How to Apply
There are two main ways to apply for funding and support from ESA Business Applications:
Open Call for Proposals
- You can submit an idea at any time via this webpage . Your idea can cover any topic but must involve the use of satellite data or technology.
- You can also explore our ‘Thematic Calls for Proposals’. Here, you are invited to submit an idea on a particular theme within a specified timeframe. Your idea will not be judged against other proposals. See a list of Thematic Calls for Proposals on this webpage under ‘Non-Competitive Thematic Calls for Proposals’
Competitive Tenders are time-bound competitions that focus on a specific sector or subject. See a list of Competitive Tenders on this webpage.
As a first point of contact, why not see if there is one of our independent ESA Business Applications Ambassadors in your region?
Cybersecurity as Enabler for Secure Satellite Communications and Resilient Applications